Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Naomi's Birthday Party

Naomi's party was on Saturday. As far as parties go this one was the biggest bust ever!! I had all but one of the kids call to cancel in the last 24 hours - most of them were sick. I hadn't invited very many because it was to be an ALL kids party as opposed to the ones I usually do where its all adults and we eat and chat and the children run around playing. So that was really a shame and hard to sit down to explain to a 5 year old why only 1 person is coming! She had fun though because she has wanted a playdate with this girl for a long time!

As you probably know Naomi is in love with pink and only pink - you'll see in pictures in the next few months that her fall wardrobe consisted of ALL pink shirts! I chose this to be a battle not worth fighting! So for her party she wanted it ALL pink and she wanted unicorns. And that is exactly what she got! Here are the pictures:
From 2009

From 2009
From 2009
From 2009

Party favors: beanie baby unicorns, party horns, a giant unicorn lollipop, and your birthday hat which represents your own personal unicorn horn!
From 2009

Pink lemonade cupcakes served with pink lemonade on a unicorn plate!
From 2009

Naomi's handmade Happy Birthday sign that had to be ALL pink! She didn't want white or black or silver. ALL pink! And I did it!! I didn't know it was possible.
From 2009
From 2009
From 2009

These are Naomi's presents - the two unicorns on the shelf. She loves them!
From 2009

This one was from Grandmom!
From 2009


At least Naomi had fun! It really makes throwing a party feel pointless when no one comes to play. Has me rethinking the entire party-throwing love that I have.

Halloween decorations are mostly up - so pictures of that will come shortly.

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Sad!!! At least the good thing is all of the sick kids didn't show up and infect your house! :)

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Naomi- sorry more kids couldn't party with you. Nice party setup. Carrie- you are amazing!

Beth said...

I'm so sorry it was such a small party!! It looks amazing though. Wish I could have been there. I'll call you when I get home.

Chanda said...

Gorgeous party. I'm hoping to do a 1 or 2 guest Halloween party. Happy Birthday Naomi! Hey, I don't know if ya'll have heard but I'll see you at Christmas in TX!

Carrie said...

Chanda, That is awesome!! I feel like I can make the assumption that Maeve and Ruby will be there, but I need to check before I tell Naomi the great news! She keeps asking if they will be there and I always say no and explain to them where exactly Africa is located. So that will be fantastic! Morgan too? Brian will need to know! =o) Good luck with the Halloween party - I hope to see pictures.