Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Girls' Birthdays

I know its still way off - Gwen in August, Naomi in October!! - but I am already planning their birthday parties! This is fun for me so you don't HAVE to read this!! There is nothing I enjoy more than planning a party! It would be thousands of times better if I had the money to pull off ALL of my plans - they are grandiose! Always! 

So Gwen's party will be first, obviously! At the moment I am planning on using bright Gerbera daisies as the decor in bright pink, orange and yellow. I want to learn how to make some out of fondant to decorate a two tier round cake that will have two layers in each tier, probably chocolate cake with a white icing. If anyone has a good homemade icing, by the way, I would love the recipe - I cant' ever get them quite good enough. For Halloween last year I bought a ton of various sized vases so i will fill them with either fake or real gerbera daisies. I want to make daisy headbands for both girls to wear and also have them dressed in matching bright colors. I recently found some paper plates with the beautifully colored daisies on them. The house will have some bright pink and orange and yellow streamers hanging and a few clusters of bright helium balloons. I want to get a nice pastel pink real tablecloth because I am sure that is something I will reuse (Naomi's party in October). We'll do some simply fingerfoods: pigs in a blanket, veggies and dip, etc. As favors I want to find some simple white favor boxes and wrap a ribbon with a daisy glued to it around the box. I'll fill it with some candies and chocolates. This will mostly be an adult party with our friends, maybe one or two kids for Naomi to play with. I'm going to try to keep it small this time as last year for Naomi's party I think got up to 30 people in our small apartment! Too big!!

Naomi has requested a Princess party (big surprise!!) So I have decided to succumb to her will for the first time ever (party-wise). I'm not going to invite adults! I can't believe it! Of course parents can come, but I want just 4-5 little girl friends to come dressed like princesses! Of course Gwen and I will also be dressed, Brian will get a king crown. Invitation will be a scroll with a proper decree announcing the party. As each girl enters she will receive her new crown and scepter. I think we'll also just do cake! If we need food I'll do pizza, ordered!! Pink and silver streamers will hang everywhere with balloons perhaps with a crown on each. The cake, Naomi has already picked out a castle. That will be a fun experiment! So the girls will enjoy playing pin the crown on the princess, and maybe a few other simply games like that. Then somehow I will have them search for jewels that they will collect and then we will sit down and decorate a jewelry box for each girl. As favors, they get their jewelry boxes, and a princess bag that will contain a bracelet and a ring and of course some lip gloss...oo and maybe some gold chocolate coins. The girls will also each get to drink from their very own goblet. This will be fun!

That is what my brain does...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

The parties sound lovely! Charlotte and Claire went to a garden bday party, and they had little bitty frames (pink roses) with their names in them by their places at the table. My girls still go get them and put them on our table at meals.

Jon and Chelle said...

LOVE the crock pot ideas, let me know how it goes. And, can I be invited to their birthday parties, that sounds like soooo much fun =)

Ellis Family said...

I am glad that I am not the only one preparing for Fall festivities! Audrey's birthday party (September) will be full of Abbey Caddabey! As she will also be dressed accordingly. I'm not sure what games we will play yet... but it will be fun! We still aren't quite sure about Janie's (Nov) because she wants a princess bday party again! We had one last year and all the girls came dressed up... even Nana! It was too cute! I bet you will all have a blast!

JoDee said...

WOW!! You really go all out don't you?! These sound amazing!! For Olivia's I ran to the store the MORNING of a casual get-together at the park party. Someday when I have money I'll hire you to do birthday planning!! :)