Monday, August 1, 2011

Bad Dreams

I have certain things that I still have bad dreams about! Often they involve vampires, people breaking into our house, ghosts, something bad happening to people I love, sometimes high school stuff that haunts me. There are more things I have bad dreams about, but that is a fairly good list of things to be afraid of when it happens in your dream, I think.

This one, I don't think you should be afraid of.

Naomi came to me last night at 5am. Her eyes were wider than I have ever seen. So much so that I instantly got scared she was sick (or it was one of my bad dreams where my kids are possessed!). When I asked her what was wrong, she told me she had a bad dream.

Here is the dream: I was in the bathroom. I washed my hands 4 times, and then I used sanitzer one them so I knew they were clean. But then I left my water bottle in the bathroom.

Say WHAT? This is what traumatizes the poor kid? I told her to go back to bread and do some deep breathing. Normally when she has a bad dream I let her sleep the rest of the night on our floor. I understand the fear of a bad dream, but I tell ya, that one really threw me for a loop!

No comments: