Monday, August 22, 2011

2 Birthday Parties in 2 days!

My mom and grandmom came to visit us for a week! We had a great time. Since it was so close to Bianca and Gwen's birthdays I decided to do both parties while they were here. It was a crazy idea! I think next time I will just let us visit with family instead of doing the parties while they are here. I'll just have to take better pictures of the parties, which we all know I seem to be very very bad at doing!

So first off we did Gwen's party with her preschool friends on Friday. She had a great turn out! We did an ice cream party in lots of pink. Gwen is such a cutie girl! I always find it funny that she wants to have kids around all of the time, but she spent most of the party downstairs with the grown-ups cuddling with someone. She loves friends, but has a very limited amount of time she can be with them. I also notice that she would rather dig in the sand by herself at the park rather than run around with everyone. I am also always amazed at how generous people are at parties. I always put on my invitation, "no presents needed" because I don't want people to feel obligated or stressed about another birthday party kid present/money wasted/whatever, but Gwen got tons of stuff! I did not have the presence of mind to take a before picture of her ice cream parlor set up. Here are the pics for her party:

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

Clearly, I have lighting issues!
From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

Oh big 4 year old!
This one is a little bit more clear:
From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM


On Saturday, yes the very next day, I took on Bianca's bee party! For this one we invited our friends. I think that until the 4 year birthday party, the parties are still for me! Age 4 is when they suddenly want all their friends there. The plan was to just do cupcakes, but I had so much left over from Gwen's ice cream party, I put out the ice cream bar again! I actually got pictures of the decorations this time, but the sun was shining in through the curtains so they look all glowy and weird. I bought a better camera to do this stuff with, but the first time I used it, it broke. Gotta get that figured out still. So here are the pics:

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

From New Album 5/14/11 10:15 AM

I didn't even get a picture of Bee on this day! I think Brian has some on his phone though - so I will have to check.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Both parties are adorable!!! Well don - I hope it didn't kill you to do them. Also is the girls' room pink argyle? I LOVE it!!!

Jennifer said...

Good job! You be crazy, though, you know that? Love you!