Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Haircuts etc.

The girls finally got haircuts. So here are the befores and afters:

Gwen:
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010


Naomi:
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010


Naomi and I both donated our hair to Locks of Love!

Then one day the girls decided it was time to have a snowball fight! I guess middle of summer is a good time to pretend that right? I have been keeping it very cool in the house, even sometimes too cool for myself but I can't stand to be even a little bit hot right now so its usually chilly. Thus, snowball fight!
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010
From 2010
style

Poor sweet Naomi has had some evil reactions to bug bites lately. We kept assuming it must have been a spider, but I think she might just be allergic to mosquitos. Brian is freaking out more than I am saying that she needs to go to a doctor, but each and every bite has almost entirely healed up. So I am not worried.

This was the worst bite! It swelled up a lot and had a blister on top. It was more red than you can actually see in the picture, but it went down the next day.
From 2010

We thought this was a separate rash, but I am pretty sure it was just another bite.
From 2010

You can see how swollen it is here.
From 2010


I am off of bed rest now. I got off on Friday of last week. Now that I am at 36 weeks I am allowed to have the baby whenever. Of course now that I am off bed rest it doesn't feel like she is going to come anytime early. Brian is more excited than I am and keeps reminding me that he can leave work in a moment if I call to tell him I am in labor. The only reason we have survived with the bed rest is because my mom flew out and has been keeping up with the house. Brian says he has been way outdone because she pretty much finished up my "list of things that have to be done before Bianca" and then some. She has found somet things that weren't even on my list, like replacing 90% of the light bulbs in our house because they were burnt out! Oops, I had missed that one! Although it is still Brian's responsibility to paint the living room and sod the backyard. Other than that we are all ready. I am the other hold up in that I need to get some sewing done!! I want to make blankets for Bianca and Gwen for their room. And then I have one more curtain to make to complete their room.

I decided to go ahead and throw Gwen a birthday party this Saturday. I know if I don't do it then I'll keep postponing it and the baby will just be on time and not early. If I throw the party then she will probably come on Saturday right?

Someday we will get some pictures of all of the rooms we have completed, but I have yet to get to that. Soon!

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

HAHA! Your family is just like ours again! If I'm ever wondering... what are Carrie and Brian up to? I just think... oh, I bet the same as us!
We too, got our hair cut (at the beginning of summer) and Janie and I donated our hair as well. ;) AND I have one that is allergic to mosquitoes. The swelling and rash are very similar to what happened to Audrey last summer. The doctor gave her a steroid of some sort to help w/the swelling, but then just told us to use Benadryl whenever it happened again. I carry a topical Benadryl in my purse just in case she gets bitten.
Good luck with the new arrival soon! I can't wait to see pictures! :)